31 January 2011

THOUGHT.

Got so many works to do..i must finish and complete all works before end of this July. Working like bees now. My appetite still doesn't come. I'm able to eat once a day only. Only during breakfast. Then after morning my appetite totally shut down!! I also manage to drink anmum once a day.I  thank my mom for helping me a lot during my second pregnancy. 

Wow!! what else to say, I can't wait for this CNY so that I can lay down and close my eyes...no need to drive to work just layan Emill who talks a lot now. Yes, he has so many questions to ask. I always correct him when he uses Malay words, I make him say those words in English.hahahah..not to be proud with other people's language or condemn our mother's tongue but just to ensure he isn't left behind and just 'melopong' when other kids speak like so berabuk in English. I really think that all parents should start using English Language even bahasa pasar to boost up their children's self esteem at school. Do not wait until they are at kindergarten to know CAR is kereta, BOY is budak lelaki etc. Pity them, I know cause I'm dealing with hundreds teenagers everyday and I bet u it's hard for them to even say simple words in English when they do not have any confidence. Help your kids even with using simple instructions like ''TAKE" ''GIVE" "THROW" something simple ok....uishhhhhhhhhhhhh I end up giving talbiah pulak..tapi seriously, we as parents should help our kids..somehow I believe that being able to communicate in different languages can really make our kids have high self-confidence. 

I adore my cousin. She is a housewife and she only studied until form three. However she is so brave to speak her pasar English Language. She does not even bother about people around her, she just continues using this language like so rojak..It's ok even though it's rojak as long she's confident and her words understood.
Well even if we can't construct correct English sentences at least introduce things in English to our kids such as ants ke, toys ke, names of animals ke then just mix with Bahasa Melayu. This doesn't mean that we want to destroy our Bahasa Melayu but this is one of the ways for those parents who have problems in EL to teach EL to their kids. This is better than nothing right? Such a waste if we don't share this language with our kids. 

I do encounter problems to teach my boy because he spends most of his time at his babysitter's place and they speak Malay Language. But as I mentioned earlier when he says 'hujan' i would change to ''do u mean raining?' yes he's able to understand both.  Yang paling best recently he said ''semut api, pijak..pijak..'' his BM is good. Thanks to his babysitter's family. With me, i only use EL with him and I don't care even if people say berlagak or whatsoever. To be frank I see Emill is more comfortable to use BM but if I buat dunno je he automatically changes his language. For example once he asked for drink and he said like this ''mama....air....air'' I purposely ignored him. Then he proceeded ''mama...drink mama''. hahahah..see, our kids know what we have taught them right.So parents out there, don't be afraid to introduce this second language to our kids..help them!!!!!!!

My prayer is for him to master both languages. and it is a big big big bonus  if he can understand other languages too..Okies..feel nauseous tetiba...daaaaaaaaaa

salam.

5 comments:

Leen ^___^ said...

K.lip on YM jap...
Emill nanti kan kemunculan mummy tgh hari esok. New look ok. Jgn tak kenal sudah.
Mak tak payah masak esok ok. Sy bwk bekal special.
Shamyll diet sikit ok. Demok2 susah nak dukung.

.::sz::. said...

sooo truueeee la cik lip!
tgk cha ya nun alippp tu kan, sekolah tak tinggi mana pun tp konpiden mesti spekang punyaaa...
grammar tunggang tbalik kira kendian ...

LIP (^_^) said...

to leen:orait ija ijut

to sz: ha ah..they are good examples kan kan

NURUL said...

lip : ada fb tak add nurul . Nurul Jamian. nurul dpt dah email tu dah baca tp lupa nak reply balik. sori tau.

Elin said...

yup..true...

me n hubby pun kat umah selalu ckp english with my dotter..wlaupun rojak..huhu.At least ada pendekatan ckp english dr awal. Dr kecik time 6 bulan mcm tu da bercakap2 english dgn dia. And umur sthn lebih..dah boleh la ckp sikit2 english..heheh. Paling kelakar "mama,sidaun"..suh mama sit down..hihi.

MY BUDDIES

MY STORIES